Roon 1.7 (Build 610) is Live!
If you aren’t familiar with Roon, or have questions, let us know. We are huge fans and happy to share what we know about Roon and how it can work for you!
The latest update of Roon is now going live with performance improvements, bug fixes, and our new Sleep Timer feature!
Many Roon users listen to music in bed or while winding down for the day in their favorite listening place. Whether it’s a soothing playlist or internet radio station, it’s a great way to end the day. With our latest update, you can do just that. Simply start your music, set when you want it to end, and fall asleep to your tunes as the music gently fades out. The sleep timer is available for any zone on any device, and can be accessed from the zone’s volume pop-up by clicking on the moon crescent icon.
In addition to the new sleep timer, they have also implemented a number of functionality improvements, including updates to the DSP and graphics engine, which can be found in the full release notes below. We hope you enjoy this long awaited update and look forward to hearing what you think.
Roon Build 610 is now rolling out for macOS, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), and Linux. Updated versions of Roon for Android and iOS have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available soon. All platforms and apps should update automatically.
New Functionality in Build 610
- Sleep Timer:
- Tracks that end within 5 minutes of the timer will complete
- Music will fade out when possible
- The sleep timer is available for any zone on any device, and can be accessed from the zone’s volume popup
Improvements and Bug Fixes for Build 610:
- Smoother connection when connecting to the core
- Improved TIDAL token behavior to prevent unnecessary manual login retries
- Updates to Android audio support libraries that may improve buffering behavior on some hardware
- Fixed alert color of notifications when devices are waking up
- Settings > Storage: Fixed broken network unavailability icon
- Sharing: Restored missing close quote when sharing lyrics
- Removed redundant ‘Roon Radio’ option from Composition’s play actions list
- Updated copy for authorization screen
- Turning on Invert Phase for one channel no longer applies it to all channels
- The “Mix” element in procedural EQ now works against a virtual 7.1 channel layout, enabling a single mix configuration to handle a variety of multichannel formats consistently.
- Graphics engine:
- Experimental changes to potentially address high CPU / GPU usage on certain MacOS devices
- Improvements to reduce GPU load and video memory bandwidth usage.
- Update images processing libraries
- Scale factor fixes for android devices with non-default display size settings
- Changes to potentially address whiteout screen problem on Windows devices using integrated graphics on Intel 3XXX series CPUs
- Fixed display issues in the signal path with certain display scaling settings
- Waveform display fixed on certain devices
- Signal path:
- Fixed copy for Linn outputs
- Restored Extensions tab to Settings window