Coming Sept 1: Sabrina X from Wilson Audio
We are excited to be one of the few retailers that will receive a demo model of Wilson Audio’s new Sabrina X for its September 1 launch. They aren’t even releasing full photos of it yet, but we do know quite a bit about its components and construction. Here’s what we know so far!
- Where the original Sabrina utilized a combination of HDF and X-Material, the SabrinaX’s outer enclosure is constructed entirely from X-Material.
- Our mechanical engineers reengineered the bracing structure based on tests centered around Wilson’s laser vibrometer. Tweeter:
- The tweeter chosen for SabrinaX is the Convergent Synergy MK5, which Daryl and the engineering team developed initially for the limited-edition WAMM Master Chronosonic and which later became an integral part of Wilson’s flagship, the Chronosonic XVX’s design.
- The new 8-inch woofer designed and developed for the Sasha DAW’s bass module now finds a home in the SabrinaX.
- The SabrinaX design includes several hardware upgrades, including a new, low-turbulence port, the new Wilson Audio-designed and manufactured binding post, and a new midrange bass vent.
- Similar to their development process during the Chronosonic XVX development, Wilson’s engineers leveraged Wilson’s new in-house capacitor division to develop new, proprietary caps for the SabrinaX’s crossover.
Look for more exciting news about the Sabrina X, and call us to make an appointment to check it out yourself on Sept 1!